Εμφάνιση αναρτήσεων με ετικέτα IAEA. Εμφάνιση όλων των αναρτήσεων
Εμφάνιση αναρτήσεων με ετικέτα IAEA. Εμφάνιση όλων των αναρτήσεων

Δευτέρα, 13 Νοεμβρίου 2017

ΙΑΕΑ: Το Ιράν τηρεί τη συμφωνία για το πυρηνικό πρόγραμμά του

ΙΑΕΑ
Το Ιράν τηρεί τις δεσμεύσεις που είχε αναλάβει στο πλαίσιο της συμφωνίας για το πυρηνικό πρόγραμμά του που είχε υπογράψει με τις μεγάλες δυνάμεις το 2015, σύμφωνα με την τριμηνιαία έκθεση της Διεθνούς Υπηρεσίας Ατομικής Ενέργειας (ΙΑΕΑ).

Δευτέρα, 18 Ιανουαρίου 2016

H Τεχεράνη αντιδρά στις νέες κυρώσεις από ΗΠΑ ενώ φτάνει η ηγεσία της IAEA

Τα πρώτα βήματα της εφαρμογής της συμφωνίας για το πυρηνικό πρόγραμμα του Ιράν έχουν αρχίσει να ραγίζουν τους πάγους με τη διεθνή κοινότητα, με τον Ομπάμα να μιλά για νίκη της διπλωματίας - την ώρα πάντως που οι ΗΠΑ επιβάλλουν νέες κυρώσεις για το βαλλιστικό πρόγραμμα της Τεχεράνης, η οποία με τη σειρά της τις απορρίπτει ως «μη νομιμοποιημένες».

Σάββατο, 16 Ιανουαρίου 2016

Στη Βιέννη Κέρι - Ζαρίφ για την άρση των κυρώσεων κατά της Τεχεράνης

Στη Βιέννη βρίσκονται ο υπουργός Εξωτερικών των ΗΠΑ Τζον Κέρι και ο Ιρανός ομόλογός του Τζαβάντ Ζαρίφ, μετά την οριστικοποίηση των ρυθμίσεων μεταξύ του Ιράν και των δυτικών δυνάμεων για την άρση των διεθνών κυρώσεων που έχουν επιβληθεί στην Τεχεράνη για το πυρηνικό της πρόγραμμα.

Παρασκευή, 21 Μαρτίου 2014

Turkey wants nuclear plant in Armenia to be shut down

The Metsamor nuclear power plant in Armenia is outdated and should be urgently closed down, Turkish Energy Minister Taner Yıldız has said, re-voicing concerns about the safety of the plant.   

Speaking with reporters during a visit to the Turkish province of Iğdır near Turkey’s eastern border on March 21, Yıldız said Turkey had sent an official appeal to the International Atomic Energy Agency concerning the shutdown of the plant.

“The nuclear plant, which was put online in 1980, has had a lifespan of 30 years. This plant has expired and should be immediately closed,” Yıldız said.


He stressed Metsamor is just 16 kms away from Turkey’s border, and it was necessary to bring the issue to international attention and obtain support for the plant’s closure.

Turkey itself is also building up its energy future on nuclear power to reduce its soaring energy needs, defying safety risk concerns voiced by a number of groups at home.

The Metsamor nuclear power plant produces about 40 percent of Armenia’s electricity, but Turkey and Azerbaijan object to its existence as they believe it does not meet international safety standards. 

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/turkey-wants-nuclear-plant-in-armenia-to-be-shut-down------.aspx?pageID=238&nID=63928&NewsCatID=348
21/3/14

Τετάρτη, 18 Σεπτεμβρίου 2013

Four African nations agree to improve use of key water resource under UN-backed plan. -Chad, Egypt, Libya and Sudan to ensure the equitable use of the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System.


Photo: growingblue.com
18 September 2013 – Four African nations today agreed to a United Nations-backed plan that seeks to optimize the use of a key underground aquifer system and improve the management of water resources.
The Strategic Action Programme, signed at the Vienna headquarters of the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), commits Chad, Egypt, Libya and Sudan to ensure the equitable use of the Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System, a huge water resource that lies beneath the four nations.
It also commits the countries to strengthen and build on a previously existing regional coordination mechanism, in part by establishing a new Joint Authority for the Nubian Aquifer System, according to a news release issued by the IAEA.
“I congratulate all involved on this significant achievement,” said IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano. “Water is a key resource, and effective management and use of such water resources is essential for the future.”

The Programme lays the groundwork for improving cooperation among the four arid nations and for strengthening their capacity to monitor and manage the aquifer effectively, noted the Agency.

It added that, with growing populations and decreasing water availability from other sources in the region, the aquifer is under mounting pressure. “Removing water without a clear understanding of transboundary and other implications threatens water quality and has the potential to harm biodiversity and accelerate land degradation,” the IAEA pointed out.
The Programme resulted from a joint technical cooperation project of the UN Development Programme (UNDP) and the Global Environment Facility (GEF), the UN Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO) and the IAEA.

“UNDP would like to congratulate the Governments of Egypt, Libya, Chad and Sudan for achieving this important milestone towards the cooperative management of their shared sub-surface waters which will help to ensure maintenance of livelihoods and ecosystems dependent upon the aquifer,” said its Administrator, Helen Clark.
The Nubian aquifer is the world’s largest known ‘fossil’ water aquifer system, meaning that the water is ancient and non-renewable, according to the IAEA.

The joint technical cooperation project began in 2006 and has already completed a sophisticated model of the aquifer to assist the four countries in optimizing use of the aquifer to meet human needs, avoid transboundary conflict, and protect ecosystems dependent upon the resource.

The IAEA contributes to the project in part by employing isotopic hydrology techniques to monitor the quantity and quality of groundwater and how it moves underground.
 http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=45877&Cr=water&Cr1=management#.Ujnsa3-IzJc
18/9/13
---
Photo: NASA

Σάββατο, 4 Μαΐου 2013

Τουρκία-Ιαπωνία: Υπεγράφη η σύμβαση για την κατασκευή του δεύτερου πυρηνικού ηλεκτροπαραγωγικού εργοστασίου της χώρας από τους πρωθυπουργούς Ερντογάν και Άμπε

Οι ιαπωνικές εταιρείες Mitsubishi Heavy Industries Ltd και Itochu Corporation, μαζί με την γαλλική GDF Suez, ανέλαβαν να κατασκευάσουν το δεύτερο πυρηνικό ηλεκτροπαραγωγικό εργοστάσιο της Τουρκίας, ένα έργο το οποίο εκτιμάται ότι θα κοστίσει 22 δισεκατ. δολάρια, βάσει μιας διμερούς συμφωνίας η οποία υπεγράφη σήμερα.
Ο Τούρκος πρωθυπουργός Ρετζέπ Ταγίπ Ερντογάν και ο Ιάπωνας ομόλογός του Σίνζο Άμπε υπέγραψαν την διμερή συμφωνία στην Άγκυρα.
Οι εταιρείες αυτές θα οικοδομήσουν ένα σταθμό παραγωγής ηλεκτρισμού συνολικής δυναμικότητας 4.800 μεγαβάτ (MW) στην παράκτια πόλη Σινώπη, στην Μαύρη Θάλασσα.
Η κοινοπραξία πρόκειται να εγκαταστήσει αντιδραστήρες Atmea της γαλλικής πυρηνικής εταιρείας Areva, σύμφωνα με πηγές που πρόσκεινται σε αυτή.
Ως σήμερα ο αντιδραστήρας αυτός δεν έχει πωληθεί ή τεθεί σε λειτουργία κάπου. Η Αρεβά ελπίζει ότι θα τον πωλήσει στην Τουρκία, στην Ιορδανία, στο Βιετνάμ και στην Αργεντινή.

Μεγάλο μέρος του έργου θα χρηματοδοτηθεί από την Nippon Export and Investment Insurance (NEXI), την ιαπωνική υπηρεσία που παρέχει πιστώσεις σε εξαγωγικές εταιρείες, και την γαλλική εταιρεία ασφάλισης πιστώσεων Coface.
Οι εταιρείες θα εκπονήσουν επίσης μια μελέτη για το χώρο όπου θα μπορέσει να ανεγερθεί το τρίτο ηλεκτροπαραγωγικό πυρηνικό εργοστάσιο το οποίο θέλει να κατασκευάσει η Άγκυρα.
«Η συμφωνία αυτή αποτελεί επίσης το πρώτο βήμα για (την κατασκευή) του τρίτου πυρηνικού εργοστασίου της Τουρκίας, το οποίο θα αποτελέσει μια τουρκική κατασκευαστική προσπάθεια», είπε ο Ερντογάν κατά την τελετή υπογραφής της συμφωνίας.
Η αναπτυσσόμενη με ταχύ ρυθμό Τουρκία εισάγει σχεδόν το 97% της ενέργειας που καταναλώνει. Ο Ερντογάν είναι θερμός υποστηρικτής του φιλόδοξου πυρηνικού προγράμματος της Άγκυρας, το οποίο έχει στόχο να μειωθεί η εξάρτηση της χώρας από τους υδρογονάνθρακες, με την εξασφάλιση ενός 10% των ενεργειακών της αναγκών από αυτό ως το 2023.
  • Η Τουρκία είναι ανάμεσα στις χώρες που επικαλέστηκε η Διεθνής Υπηρεσία Ατομικής Ενέργειας (IAEA) του ΟΗΕ όταν προέβλεψε σταθερή ανάπτυξη της πυρηνικής ενέργειας παρά την καταστροφή στην Φουκουσίμα της Ιαπωνίας πριν από δύο χρόνια.
Η τήξη του πυρήνα των αντιδραστήρων στην Φουκουσίμα, που ακολούθησαν τον τεράστιο σεισμό και το τσουνάμι που αυτός προκάλεσε την 11η Μαρτίου 2011, ταρακούνησε την βιομηχανία και ήγειρε από πολλές πλευρές ερωτήματα για την ασφάλεια της πυρηνικής ενέργειας.
Η συμφωνία με την Τουρκία θεωρείται σημαντική επιτυχία για τον Άμπε, ο οποίος συνηγορεί υπέρ των προτύπων ασφαλείας της ιαπωνικής πυρηνικής βιομηχανίας μετά το δυστύχημα, το οποίο είχε χαρακτηριστεί το σοβαρότερο μετά από εκείνο στο Τσέρνομπιλ της Ουκρανίας.
Ο πρώτος αντιδραστήρας αναμένεται να συνδεθεί με το δίκτυο ηλεκτροδότησης της Τουρκίας το 2023, ενώ ο τέταρτος και τελευταίος θα είναι επιχειρησιακός το 2028, αν και ο Ερντογάν εξέφρασε την ελπίδα να έχει ολοκληρωθεί νωρίτερα.
Η Τουρκία θα διατηρήσει κατά το μέγιστο το 45% της κοινοπραξίας, που θα ιδρυθεί επίσημα πριν από την έναρξη της κατασκευής. Τα ποσοστά της GDF Suez και της Mitsubishi δεν έχουν ακόμη οριστικοποιηθεί.
Η ρωσική Rosatom πρόκειται να αρχίσει την κατασκευή του πρώτου πυρηνικού εργοστασίου της Τουρκίας περί τα μέσα του 2015. Αναμένει η παραγωγή ηλεκτρικής ενέργειας σε αυτό να αρχίσει το 2019, σύμφωνα με όσα είχε δηλώσει ο αναπληρωτής γενικός διευθυντής της τον Φεβρουάριο.
Αυτό το έργο, το κόστος του οποίου αναμένεται να ανέλθει σε 20 δισεκατ. δολάρια, στην Άκουγιου της Μερσίνης, στις ακτές της Τουρκίας που βρέχονται από την Μεσόγειο, προβλέπεται να έχει επίσης τέσσερις αντιδραστήρες με συνολική εγκατεστημένη παραγωγική δυνατότητα 4.800 MW.
.agelioforos.gr
4/5/13
--
-
ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ:

Δευτέρα, 24 Δεκεμβρίου 2012

Japan: Abe to review Fukushima crisis before deciding on restarting reactors

TOKYO —
Japan’s incoming pro-nuclear Prime Minister Shinzo Abe said Sunday his government will again investigate the Fukushima nuclear crisis, after which the country’s reactors could be restarted, reports said.
His comments will add to speculation that plans to ditch nuclear power in disaster-scarred Japan will be shelved by his Liberal Democratic Party (LDP) when it takes power after scoring a landslide election win last week.
“We are yet to completely clarify what went wrong (in Fukushima),” he told a political show on Fuji TV on Sunday.

“As a government, we want to once again analyze why Fukushima Daiichi failed,” he said. He gave no further details and did not set out a timeframe for a probe.
“After that, I wish to think of next steps, including the restart of reactors,” he said on the program, according to broadcaster NHK.
“Could it have been avoided? Was it a man-made disaster? As a government, we must study that,” said Abe, according to Jiji Press.
He has previously derided the zero-nuclear goal of the ousted Democratic Party of Japan as unrealistic.
All but two of Japan’s 50 reactors remain switched off after the worst nuclear accident in a generation and anti-nuclear sentiment has run high, but that failed to translate into support at the polls for anti-atomic parties.
Several probes have already been conducted into the accident in March last year, which saw the Fukushima plant suffer meltdowns and explosions after being hit by an earthquake-triggered tsunami.
A damning parliamentary report in July concluded that the Fukushima accident was a man-made disaster caused by Japan’s culture of “reflexive obedience” and not just the tsunami that hit the plant.
Shares in Fukushima operator TEPCO have soared since Abe’s election win.
© 2012 AFP
.japantoday.com
24/12/12
----------
ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ:

Σάββατο, 15 Δεκεμβρίου 2012

H ιστορία στο Τόκιο:Συνομιλίες υπουργών και εμπειρογνωμόνων στη Φουκουσίμα για την πυρηνική ασφάλεια (Nuclear Safety)

Η Διεθνής Υπηρεσία Ατομικής Ενέργειας από κοινού με την κυβέρνηση της Ιαπωνίας διοργανώνουν στη Νομαρχία της Φουκουσίμα διάσκεψη για την πυρηνική ασφάλεια.
Η διάσκεψη πραγματοποιείται στην πόλη Κοριγιάμα κοντά στον ατομικό σταθμό ηλεκτρικής ενέργειας της Φουκουσίμα, που είχε πληγεί λόγω του σεισμού και του τσουνάμι τον Μάρτιο του 2011.
Ο επικεφαλής του ιαπωνικού ΥΠΕΞ Κοϊτσίρο Γκέμπα δήλωσε κατά την έναρξη των εργασιών του φόρουμ ότι η ιαπωνική πλευρά ανέλυσε το ατύχημα στον πυρηνικό σταθμό και την εξέλιξη της εξάλειψης των συνεπειών του και επιθυμεί να μοιραστεί την εμπειρία της.
Ο Κοϊτσίρο Γκέμπα επέμεινε στην ανάγκη να εξαχθούν συμπεράσματα από την καταστροφή της Φουκουσίμα μετά το σεισμό και το τσουνάμι και να υπογραμμιστεί η σημασία μιας διεθνούς συνεργασίας για το τιτάνιο έργο που απαιτείται. 
 http://greek.ruvr.ru/2012_12_15/98122915/
15/12/12
-----
 

  • [1] International nuclear safety conference hosted in Fukushima
This weekend, Japan hosts a nuclear safety conference which will be attended by government ministers from more than 50 countries and organizations. The conference is to be held in Fukushima Prefecture, just 60 kilometers away from the scene of one of the worst nuclear accidents of recent times.
The meeting will be in Koriyama City, west of the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant which more than a year ago was badly affected by the tsunami that swept across the northeast coast of Japan and caused the nuclear reactors to go into meltdown. It is for this particular reason that Japan is co-hosting the meeting with the International Atomic Energy Agency. They aim to share the knowledge and lessons gained from this near-catastrophic disaster and how they are slowly rebuilding from this.
One crucial aspect that will be discussed during the conference is how the Japanese government is going about decommissioning the Fukushima reactors and the clean-up of the contaminated area surrounding the plant, with the constant threat of radiation. Japan is set to release a document containing these crucial information during the meeting.
IAEA director-general Yukiya Amano also told the media that they are aiming to launch a joint project with the Fukushima local government for decontamination and radiation-related health care, another important aspect of recovery from this incident. 
 http://www.freshcurrents.org/blog/2012/12/13/nuclear-free-now-press-release/
15/12/12 
-------


  • [2] IAEA and Japan Host Fukushima Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety
From 15 to 17 December 2012, Japan is organizing the Fukushima Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety, in co-sponsorship with the International Atomic Energy Agency, to be held in Fukushima Prefecture, Japan. The Fukushima Ministerial Conference will contribute to strengthening nuclear safety worldwide by providing yet another opportunity to share with the international community, at the ministerial and expert levels, further knowledge and lessons learned from the accident at TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station (the Fukushima Daiichi accident) and to further enhance transparency.
Participants will also discuss the progress of international efforts aimed at strengthening nuclear safety, including through the implementation of the IAEA Nuclear Safety Action Plan, as well as measures to protect people and the environment from ionizing radiation.
Conference Programme
The Ministerial Conference's co-Presidents, the Minister for Foreign Affairs of Japan, Koichiro Gemba, and the Deputy-Minister of Science, Technology and Innovation of Malaysia, Fadillah bin Haji Yusof, will chair the opening plenary session at ministerial level.
IAEA Director General Yukiya Amano will address the plenary during its opening morning session, which convenes from 09.30-12.30 local time (00.30-03.30 UTC) on 15 December 2012. The text of his address will made accessible online thereafter on the Conference Website.
The Plenary Session will be broadcast live online and the webcast is accessible here.
An outcome document will be issued at the close of the plenary session on 15 December 2012.
Following the opening plenary session, the Conference will continue with working sessions on three key topics: lessons learned from the Fukushima Daiichi accident; strengthening nuclear safety, including emergency preparedness and response, in the light of the Fukushima Daiichi accident; and protection of people and the environment from ionizing radiation.
These sessions will benefit from renowned international experts' contributions as keynote speakers and as panelists.
The Chairpersons of the three working sessions will present summaries of the discussions that took place in the working sessions during the closing plenary session on Monday, 17 December 2012.
Strengthening Nuclear Safety Worldwide
After the Fukushima nuclear accident in March 2011, work began worldwide on implementing the IAEA Action Plan on Nuclear Safety, which was endorsed at the IAEA General Conference in September 2011.
The Fukushima Ministerial Conference on Nuclear Safety contributes to strengthening nuclear safety by exchanging lessons learned from the Fukushima nuclear accident, enhancing transparency and offering an opportunity to discuss international progress in strengthening nuclear safety, in particular the implementation of the IAEA Action Plan on Nuclear Safety.
Revitalizing Fukushima
During the Conference, the Governor of Fukushima Prefecture, Yuhei Sato, and the Director General will sign a memorandum of cooperation between the IAEA and Fukushima Prefecture.
Joint projects undertaken by the IAEA and Fukushima Prefecture in decontamination and human health will also be announced.
Post-Accident Status
The ministers and high-level delegations attending the Conference will be briefed on the current state of TEPCO's Fukushima Daiichi Nuclear Power Station and Japan's activities to revitalize the area around the Nuclear Power Station.
Site tours of the Fukushima Prefecture are planned that include a workshop on the safety of products from the disaster-affected area.

(Note to Media: We encourage you to republish these stories and kindly request attribution to the IAEA)
.iaea.org 
--------------
ΣΧΕΤΙΚΑ:


Οι νεκροί Έλληνες στα μακεδονικά χώματα σάς κοιτούν με οργή

«Παριστάνετε τα "καλά παιδιά" ελπίζοντας στη στήριξη του διεθνή παράγοντα για να παραμείνετε στην εξουσία», ήταν η κατηγορία πο...